Saturday, January 8, 2011

Days 1 to 9


  • Spare PC – sold to a friend who will give it a long and happy life
  • 2x pocket radio – never used (Red Cross Shop)
  • Teapot that dribbles* (Red Cross Shop)
  • Pair of trousers (Red Cross Shop)
  • Pilates DVD – hopefully this match someone else’s NY resolution. (Red Cross Shop)
  • Manicure set – no idea where it came from but its gone now (Red Cross Shop)
  • Old, dead Ipod and case (Trademe)
  • 5 Energy efficient light bulbs, screw fitting – we only need bayonet (Trademe)
  • Atari games console. (Trademe)
  • Rainwater Diverter – didn’t fit our downpipes and sadly it was cheaper to buy a different one than to get adaptors. (Trademe)

No surprises the first week was pretty easy, some of this stuff has been lying around for months (and longer) begging to be set free.
I began the week by getting two new things so two extra had to go making the total 11. In the months to come I may regret the decision to count the 5 light bulbs as a single collection but this is the beginning and I am being brave.

I’m proud to say that everything in the list is to be re-homed, I will be visiting the Red Cross shop tomorrow during my lunch hour, I hope they won't reject anything.

The items on Trademe, NZ equivalent of eBay, will be priced to sell, although I’m a little dubious about anyone paying even 50c for my old ipod. If no-one wants to buy it at least I have most of the year to figure out how to dispose of it.

* I wouldn’t normally consider giving up a teapot but I can’t stand the dribbling ones. I would never buy a dribbling teapot, this one was inherited from friends who moved away.

1 comment: